Confirmation is the beginning of the spiritual journey to adult membership for our youth in the Episcopal Church. At St. Michael’s, it is a time marked by deep exploration of the faith and how they can personally live into the mission of the church. Eighth and ninth-grade students are invited to take part in this new way of confirmation preparation through online meetings, in-person mentorship, and group gatherings.
- Instruction – Available via Zoom and pre-recorded material
- Worship – Confirmands will attend worship and participate in designated services.
- Confirmands will meet with one of St. Michael’s clergy at the end of their confirmation journey to share their experience.
- Outreach – Confirmands will have the opportunity to work cooperatively on local outreach projects over the course of the year.
- Mentors – Each student will be given a mentor to be his/her companion for the journey. Mentors will be active members of St. Michael’s. Families will be contacted in August for suggestions of possible mentors, and those preferences will be taken into consideration when assignments are made.